Sunday, January 17, 2010

Scrapbooking Saturday

Hello everyone, here it is Sunday night and I am finally finding a few minutes to share some great photos of a wonderful Saturday spent scrapbooking with Julie and Christine. I had been looking forward to it all week and it just as much fun as I had hoped. I was a little worried about how the space would work out. My scrap loft is perfect for two people, but this would be first time for three. It worked out fine and we even had a special guest for a few hours -- Nikki. Julie nor Christine had ever done embossing before so I broke out some old wood block stamps and attempted to show them how to do it. They got the hand of it really quick and both of them used some embossing on the layouts they were doing - they turned out great. This picture is of Christine embossing some phots corners she had punched. I took some pictures of the scrapbook Christine is doing and will try to get them up this week. They are really nice.
This is Julie sanding the edges of her pictures for her 4th of July layout. It came out super nice. I really admire the way Julie scrapbooks. She just comes up with an idea starts pulling stuff out that looks like it would never go together. And in just a few minutes, it is a beautiful layout. Amazing. I, on the other hand, either have to have a kit, or spend at least an hour mulling over different layouts to figure out which one to scraplift.
And here is our special guest - Nikki!!. She made an elf using the Paper Doll DressUp Cartridge to go on my Christmas layout. She had a ton of fun helping and really liked using the cricut. In fact, she stayed with us for a while and made a gift bag for her friend. But, more on that tomorrow. Well, off to watch the season premire of 24. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like ya'll had a great time. There is nothing better than getting together with friends to scrap and create!

    ReplyDelete